- Post Date:August 25, 2017
- Apply Before: December 30, 2017
- Job Level Mid-LevelYears of Experience 2 - 3 YearsGender Both
- Qualification(s) Bachelor Degree
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results. We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
Health Delivery Systems
Public Health Emergency Management Systems
Disease Surveillance Systems
Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
Nutrition & Food Security Systems
Summary of Job
The State Coordinator is involved in planning, organizing, coordinating and delivering the GRID project at the state level, ensuring that outputs and outcomes outlined in the project results framework are met. This includes coordinating state engagement, ensuring government support for the data collection activities, maintaining oversight of field activities, reporting progress, risks and challenges throughout the course of the project, and finally to encourage the state to utilize the data through demonstration of its various applications. They will work closely with the Field Operations Coordinator to complete the mapping of 5-6 states in total. This role will be performed inline within established policies, procedures and guidelines and will perform other related work as required. the State Coordinator will report to and work closely with the GRID Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the State Coordinator will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Manages government liaison and relationships at state level in relation to data collection, mapping, and showcasing potential uses for data
- Coordinates state level steering committee/working group for the GRID project
- Liaises with MDAs to determine interest in various applications for the data and reports these to the PM and GIS team
- Develops operational plan in collaboration with Field Operations Coordinator and Project Manager
- Works with Field Operations Coordinator, Project Manager, GIS team, State Government and donors/partners to implement the mapping process appropriately
- Works with the Field Operations Coordinator to obtain relevant baseline mapping data from state MDAs
- Provides Project Manager with budgetary and operational recommendations on a weekly basis
- Reports project progress/issues/challenges to Project Manager on a daily basis.
- Updates team issue log on a weekly basis
- Updates risk register as and when required
- Regularly updates process documentation to reflect work done, lessons learned, challenges experienced and potential for extension of project in line with partner aims and objectives
- Work with State representatives and the Field Operations Coordinator to manage the selection and on-boarding of data collectors
- Works with Operations Assistant to manage logistics for data collector testing, interviewing and training
- Negotiates and supports with the execution of various agreements as necessary with individual agencies/organizations, both public and private, for services relevant to implementation of the project
- Ensures compliance with state laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a relevant field
- Three years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in project coordination/management
- Knowledge of automated mapping and spatial information processing concepts
- Knowledge of the capabilities of automated mapping and geographic information processing systems
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the activities of a team
- Ability to translate technical concepts and terminology in terms understandable to state officials and agency heads
- Ability to present data clearly and highlight its potential for decision making to high level stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate large scale events, including workshops and training sessions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with user agencies, administrative officials and employees
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Ability to produce concise and useful reports and present information effectively using appropriate mediums
The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- English is the spoken and written language.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
INNOVATIVE PROBLEM-SOLVING: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
PASSION: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
HONESTY: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
GROWTH & LEARNING: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
OWNERSHIP: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table and invest in the places we call home.