Senior Business Analyst
- Post Date:August 25, 2017
- Apply Before: December 30, 2017
- Job Level Senior-LevelYears of Experience 6 - 7 YearsGender Both
- Qualification(s) Bachelor Degree, Master’s DegreeCertification(s) Required PMP or any Agile certification is an added advantage
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
A Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the requirements analysis and documentation, specification, development cycle and execution of a variety of GIS projects. S/he manages the sprint and release process and communicates all changes to relevant stakeholders.
Keywords: Requirements Analysis, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Agile.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discovers, documents, and prioritizes client needs and requirements
- Support Information Systems Manager in developing specifications, timelines, and budget.
- Manages prioritization in close coordination with the programs and engineering teams
- Decides upon release date(s) and content (Release Planning)
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other project-related meetings
- Tracks tasks and milestones and reports on the project’s progress
- Support establishment of geospatial analytics processes with the local development team
- Understands business process management and business requirements of the customers and translates them to specific GIS requirements
- Making sure that the recommended solution has a competitive edge.
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements
- Acting as an interface between stakeholders, program units, technology teams and support teams
- Provides expertise and help in translating system requirements and business design documentation
- Work with internal and external client to ensure quality business documentation
- Provide end to end solution and business details
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on business, product or project management experience with GIS services and product solutions
- Strong understanding of Agile, SCRUM, Lean methodologies
- Demonstrated experience to gather user requirements from a number of sources and build product requirements. Ability to identify product improvements that meet organizational and client needs.
- Experience in an Agile (SCRUM) working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for succinctly presenting thoughts and ideas to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail.Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
Certifications and Licenses
A professional certificate Project Management (PMI/PMP) Agile certification is an added advantage
Fluent in the English Language.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Why work for us?
Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.