ASSISTANT FARM MANAGER – AQUA (Cat/Tilapia Fish)
- Post Date:August 25, 2017
- Apply Before: October 25, 2017
- Job Level Senior-LevelGender BothQualification(s) Bachelor Degree
Bradfield is company equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal.
At Bradfield, our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture.
Beyond this, we at Bradfield package and deliver quality trainings to help prune employees to deliver efficiently.
If you think you fit into this position, Bradfield Consulting would like to employ you to fill this role.
• Responsible for the daily operations and overall management of the fish farm
• Manage the entire gamut of aquaculture from hatchery operations to packaging and distribution of product.
• Compliance with all aqua farm internal control
• Maintaining inventory/farm maintenance, Monitoring fish health treat them when appropriate
• Ensure the water supply is of sufficient quality for the stock
• Be aware of different water management techniques
• Maintain records of stocks
• Update knowledge of fish health and nutrition
• Pay close attention to detail, in order to avoid huge fish losses in what can be a high-risk
• Direct and monitor trapping and spawning of fish, egg incubation, and fry rearing, applying knowledge of management and fish culturing techniques
• Devise and participate in activities to improve fish hatching and growth rates, and to prevent disease in hatcheries
• Conduct and supervise stock examinations in order to identify diseases or parasites
• Coordinate the selection and maintenance of brood stock
• BSc Aquaculture, Fisheries, Biological Sciences, Marine Science, Agriculture degree, Master is an added advantage
• Membership of relevant professional body (FISON)
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Experience / Competencies:
• Minimum of 5-8 years in the cognate industry especially in Aqua Farm Management
• SAP Knowledge
Commensurate with experience and education with excellent benefits
This job originally appeared elsewhere.