3PL Regional Manager [North] - Jumia
- Post Date:August 26, 2017
- Apply Before: November 26, 2017
- Job Level Mid-LevelGender BothQualification(s) Master’s Degree
The 3PL Regional Manager will oversee daily warehouse and logistics operation within the assigned regions. You will be the handling 3PL & Distributors to deliver all cost & functional goals.
- Overseeing daily operations of up to 10 operational sites.
- Provide overall operational management direction and guidance to regional offices on daily operations
- Manage the performance of our clients 3PL sites through the establishment of processes and procedures with clear expectations using defined metrics.
- Evaluate regional customer satisfaction and drive continuous improvement of partnership
- Coordinate regional performance issues resolution
- Develop Carrier / 3PL relationships and compliance on agreed KPI’S delivery dates
- Monitor shipments milestones that are reported and ensure that PODs are available for all deliveries within 24 working hours of a delivery having been made.
- Supervise hub managers in partnership with sub departments.
- Provide Insight and business strategy operational growth within your region
- Ensure continuous operational improvement adapting the Lean methodology.
- Coordinate with systems/ IT teams to make use of technology to improve processes
- Project Management
- Lean Management
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- 3PL Ecosystem Management
- Data Analysis
- Contracts and Negotiation
- Health and Safety
Qualification & Experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Logistics
- Strong knowledge and background (minimum 5+ years) in freight forwarding, logistics, warehouse management, material handling and logistics technology and tools.
- Successful history of operational management, problem resolution and/or solution design
- Project management and project planning skills an advantage
- Excellent communication, networking, interpersonal and influencing skills needed to communicate and command respect at all levels, manage in a matrix environment, and create networks across diverse technical, cultural, and language groups.
- Travel. This position requires infrequent travel to meet with internal, external client customers, 3PL operations located in the region.
About The Company
We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car and Jumia Services.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.